Security & Defense
Fuel cells for submarines and individual energy systems
Awardees of the MEDUSA 300 Phase I project to develop and obtain the fuel cell for the AIP system of the S-80 submarines of the Spanish Navy, in a joint venture with the CIDAUT Foundation, in a project in which the UNED (Las Rozas), CIEMAT and CP-CISC.
- Specific low and high temperature PEM fuel cells for integration with bioethanol reforming and suitable for use in submarines (MEDUSA 300 Project).
HYCOGEN: Compact energy systems for portable use. Operational requirements:
- Centralized power supply or transportable in a backpack.
- Continuous power required: 20 W (with 50 W peaks).
- Typical mission time: 72 hours
- Weight less than 7 kg
- Required power: 20 W x 72 h = 1,440 Wh
High autonomy aerial, naval and submarine unmanned vehicle systems.